Approve of yourself. Mark Twain
Note: Trepp reports its monthly delinquency rates on, or close to, the first of every month. It is important to keep this in mind when reading other reports, as some outlets release their rates two to three weeks into the month. The Trepp CMBS delinquency rate continued its impressive turnaround in November, which marked the sixth consecutive month of improvement. With a rate decrease of 32 basis points in November, the delinquency rate for US commercial real estate loans in CMBS is 7.66%. The Trepp delinquency rate has dropped 268 basis points since reaching an all-time high of 10.34% in the summer of 2012. As we noted last month, with only one month of data remaining in 2013,
there could still be more meaningful gains for the delinquency rate before New Year’s Day. November’s rate decrease can be attributed to the following:
• Almost $1.2 billion in previously delinquent loans were resolved with losses. By removing these delinquent loans from our numerator, the rate saw 22 basis points of improvement.
• Loans that cured totaled about $2.2 billion in November, which resulted in 40 basis points of downward pressure on the delinquent loan percentage.
• New delinquencies totaled just over $2 billion in November, which compares to $1.6 billion in October. These loans pushed the rate up by 38 basis points.
• Loans that were previously delinquent but paid but paid off without a loss totaled almost $245 million in November, which resulted in a five-basis-point decrease in the delinquent loan percentage. Still to come will be the sale of more than $3 billion of distressed assets and additional note sales by special servicer CWCapital. Preliminary bids for the assets were due in mid-November, so we assume some of these will close in time to hit the December remittance cycle. Removing over $3 billion of
non-performing assets from the delinquent loan category would result in a 50-basis-point decrease in the rate, so a delinquency rate that threatens the 7% level may not be out of the question. Regardless of whether these sales hit in December
or January, the CMBS delinquency rate should continue to improve in the near-term.
• The overall US CMBS delinquency rate decreased 32 basis points to 7.66%.
• The percentage of loans 30+ days delinquent or in foreclosure:
Nov ‘13: 7.66% Oct ’13: 7.98% Sept ‘13: 8.14%
• The percentage of loans seriously delinquent (60+ days delinquent, in foreclosure, REO, or non-performing balloons) is now 7.30%, down 39 basis points for the month.
• If defeased loans were taken out of the equation, the overall 30-day delinquency rate would be 7.92%—down 36 basis points from October.
• There are currently $41.3 billion in delinquent loans. (This number excludes loans that are past their balloon date but are current on their interest payments.)
• There are $49.6 billion in loans with the special servicer. This represents just over 2,800 loans.
READ MORE with graphs:
a little about me and my expertise – video
Feel free to contact Walter regarding any of these stories, the current market, distressed commercial real estate opportunities and needs, your property or your Investment Needs for Comercial Investment Properties in Phoenix.
View my listings and my profile at:
Please go to my web-site and get all the newsflashes and updates in Commercial Investment Real Estate in Phoenix and Commercial Investment Properties in Phoenix daily
Follow me on Facebook:
Follow me on Twitter:
Follow Me on Linkedin:
Follow Me on Google+
Walter Unger CCIM, CCSS, CCLS
I am a successful Commercial Investment Real Estate Broker in Arizona now for 15 years and I worked with banks and their commercial REO properties for 3 years. I am also a commercial landspecialist in Phoenix and a Landspecialist in Arizona.
WHETHER YOU LEASE OR OWN
NOW IS THE TIME FOR YOU TO EXPAND, UPGRADE OR INVEST.
we are at on the a rise of the cycle in Commercial Real Estate. so there is only one way and it’s called we are going up and now is the time for you to expand, upgrade or invest in Commercial Properties in Phoenix. The prices on deals I may get you will not be around forever.
WAITING TO SELL YOUR LAND ? TIMES CHANGE / IT’S TIME
We barely could give land away the last few years, but times are changing. Even in those meager years, I sold more land across the state than most other brokers. Before the real estate crash I was a land specialist in Arizona with millions of dollars of transactions, but then I had to change and also sell other commercial investment properties, which was fun, but I am a Commercial Landspecialist in Arizonal, a Commercial Land Specialist in Phoenix and love to sell land, one acre to thousands of acres.
If you have any questions about Commercial Investment Properties in Phoenix or Commercial Investment Properties in Arizona, I will gladly sit down with you and share my expertise and my professional opinion in Commercial Properties in Phoenix or Commercial Properties in Arizona with you.Obviously I am also in this to make money, but it could be a win-win situation for all of us.
Please reply by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call me 520-975-5207 (cell) 602-778-5110 (office direct).
Walter Unger CCIM
Kasten Long Commercial
2821 E. Camelback Road, Suite 600
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Office : 602-445-4141
Delivering the New Standard of Excellence in Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate Scottsdale
- Commercial Real Estate Phoenix
- Commercial Real Estate Arizona
- Commercial Investment Properties Phoenix
- Commercial Investment Properties Scottsdale
- Commercial Investment Properties Arizona
- Land Specialist Arizona
- Arizona Land Specialist
- Land Specialist Phoenix
- Phoenix Land Specialist
- Land For Sale Phoenix
- Land for sale Arizona
- Commercial Properties For Sale Phoenix
- Commercial Real Estate Sales Phoenix
- Commercial Properties Phoenix
- Commercial Properties Arizona
- Commercial Land Specialist Phoenix
- Commercial Land Phoenix
- Multifamily land Phoenix
- Retail Land Phoenix
- Industrial Land Phoenix
- Land Commercial Phoenix
- Land Retail Phoenix
- Land Industrial Phoenix
- Land Multifamily Phoenix
- Industrial Land for sale Phoenix
- Land Industrial
- Investment Real Estate
Disclaimer of Liability
The information in this blog-newsletter is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice, tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal, or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a professional adviser who has been provided with all pertinent facts relevant to your particular situation. Tax articles in this e-newsletter are not intended to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding accuracy-related penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The information is provided “as is,” with no assurance or guarantee of completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of the information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.