As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
~Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919)
DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 01, 2016
Which property types are holding the most promise for investors this year? Experts from research firms Situs RERC, Reis Inc., Green Street Advisors, and Real Capital Analytics share with the National Real Estate Investor the property types that could prove to be the most profitable.
- Senior housing:An aging population is making senior housing a good bet for investors. “Senior housing is experiencing upward demand, but with this property type, you can’t increase rent as rapidly as you can with multifamily,” notes Barbara Byrne Denham, a Reis economist.
- Student housing:The pre-tax yield for student housing properties was 7.6 percent during the first quarter of this year, according to data from Situs RERC. “Student housing operations are generally in line with the long-term trend, and the sector’s defensive attributes have not gone unnoticed by investors,” says Andy McCulloch, managing director and head of real estate analytics at Green Street Advisors. He notes that student housing is the best performing sector year-to-date in the REIT space.
- Warehouses:Big-box flex warehouse space is one of the healthiest industrial sub-sectors, which has been getting a lift from e-commerce tenants. “Against a backdrop of healthy demand boosted by e-commerce, market rent growth has been stronger than expected,” McCulloch told the National Real Estate Investor. “While new supply and obsolescence are always concerns for industrial, the sector’s future growth prospects look better than past performance would suggest.”
- Neighborhood community centers:Situs RERC calls the neighborhood community center the second-best investment at the moment, right behind industrial warehouses. “Strip center tenants are generally healthier than mall tenants today, especially when putting department stores into the mix,” McCulloch notes. “While retailer bankruptcies are a continued nuisance in the strip sector, the lack of ground-up development points toward a continued improvement in operating fundamentals.”
- Self-storage:The price appreciation within the self-storage industry has risen 16 percent over the past year, according to data from Green Street Advisors. “Storage continues to become more accepted as an institutional asset class, and operating fundamentals have been phenomenal,” says McCulloch. “Higher cap rates, solid NOI [net operating income] growth, and low cap-ex make self-storage a great business.”
ARE YOU READY TO SELL OR PURCHASE – I am actively looking to build relationships with Real Estate Investors and Owner Users for multi-family, office, retail, industrial and land in Phoenix- Scottsdale-Tucson-Arizona.
Phoenix Commercial Real Estate and Investment Real Estate: investors and Owner / Users need to really know the market today before making a move in Commercial Properties or Investment Properties in Phoenix / Tucson / Arizona, as the market has a lot of moving parts today. What is going on socio-economically, what is going on demographically, what is going on with location, with competing businesses, with public policy in general — all of these things affect the quality of selling or purchasing your Commercial Properties, Commercial Investment Properties and Commercial and large tracts of Residential Land in Phoenix / Tucson / Arizona. Therefore, you need a broker, a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) who is a recognized expert in the commercial and investment real estate industry and who understands Commercial Properties and Investment Properties.
I am marketing my listings on Costar, Loop-net CCIM, Kasten Long Commercial Group. I also sold hundreds millions of dollars’ worth of Investment Properties / Owner User Properties in Retail, Office Industrial, Multi-family and Land in Arizona and therefore I am working with brokers, Investors and Developers. I am also a CCIM and through this origination ( www.ccim.com ) I have access to marketing not only in the United States, but also international. Click here to find out what is a CCIM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCIM
Feel free to contact Walter regarding any of these stories, the current market, distressed commercial real estate opportunities and needs, your property or your Investment Needs for Comercial Properties in Phoenix, Tucson, Arizona.
Kasten Long Commercial Group tracks all advertised apartment communities, including those advertised by other brokerages. The interactive map shows the location of each community (10+ units) and each location is color coded by the size (number of total units).
Walter Unger CCIM, CCSS, CCLS
I am a successful Commercial / Investment Real Estate Broker in Arizona now for 20 years. If you have any questions about Commercial / Investment Properties in Phoenix or Commercial / Investment Properties in Arizona, I will gladly sit down with you and share my expertise and my professional opinion with you. I am also in this to make money therefore it will be a win-win situation for all of us.
Please reply by e-mail email@example.com or call me on my cell 520-975-5207
Walter Unger CCIM
Senior Associate Broker
Kasten Long Commercial Group
2821 E. Camelback Rd. Suite 600
Phoenix , AZ 85016
Delivering the New Standard of Excellence in Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate Scottsdale
- Commercial Real Estate Phoenix
- Commercial Real Estate Arizona
- Commercial Investment Properties Phoenix
- Commercial Investment Properties Scottsdale
- Commercial Investment Properties Arizona
- Land Specialist Arizona
- Arizona Land Specialist
- Land Specialist Phoenix
- Phoenix Land Specialist
- Land For Sale Phoenix
- Land for sale Arizona
- Commercial Properties For Sale Phoenix
- Commercial Real Estate Sales Phoenix
- Commercial Properties Phoenix
- Commercial Properties Arizona
- Commercial Land Specialist Phoenix
- Commercial Land Phoenix
- Multifamily land Phoenix
- Retail Land Phoenix
- Industrial Land Phoenix
- Land Commercial Phoenix
- Land Retail Phoenix
- Land Industrial Phoenix
- Land Multifamily Phoenix
- Industrial Land for sale Phoenix
- Land Industrial
- Investment Real Estate
Disclaimer of Liability
The information in this blog-newsletter is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice, tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal, or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a professional adviser who has been provided with all pertinent facts relevant to your